Here’s an index of links and articles for the free class about Ruby on Rails Internals.
The class is normally offered by email, but you’re cutting to the chase with a helpful full-class index.
- Day 1: Understanding the Structure of Rails
- Day 3: Where Do I Put My Code?
- Day 5: What is Rack?
- Day 9: Rails Avoids Require And You Can Too
- Day 14: Parameters and HashWithIndifferentAccess
- Day 21: How to Read the Rails Source
- Day 25: The Programmer’s Secret Weapon
- Day 29: Where Next?
- Understanding the Structure of Rails
- Where Do I Put My Code? (expanded and updated)
- What is Rack? A Primer
- No More Requires – Rails Doesn’t Need Requires and Neither Do You
- How Does Rack Parse Query Params? With parse_nested_query
- Understanding HashWithIndifferentAccess
- The Five-Minute Rack Framework
- Digging Into the Rails Source
- The Programmer’s Secret Weapon for Code Spelunking
And as a bonus for reading this far, a quick answer on why you’d deploy with a reverse proxy and an app server, not just an app server.
Having trouble with anything? Email me as the.codefolio.guy at Google’s email service. I love to hear from readers. You can also find me on Twitter.