Deployment on Codefol.io
Some things I’ve said or written about deployment:
What is Deployment vs Provisioning vs Orchestration?
When Should You
- a description of when Heroku might be the wrong tool for your job
I was on
the Ruby Rogues to talk about deployment
I spoke at Ruby Remote Conf in 2015 about
how a Ruby app is structured, from an HTTP request’s point of view
- all the layers a request passes through to get there, basically
How to Select the Right Chef Cookbook
20 Small Reasons that Deploying a Rails App is Hard
- A reminder that deployment is often death by a thousand papercuts…
Capistrano: Be Sure to Git Push!
- what it says on the tin
Why Do We Need Both Capistrano and Chef
- a compare/contrast on two different deployment tools and what they do
What Do You Lose by Not Using Chef?
- there are a lot of deploy tools and they do different things; what is Chef good at?
Deploy Like You Develop
- a somewhat utopian perspective on how to deploy
Articles by Topic
Sign Up to Get Emailed Articles and Free Chapters.
If you sign up, I'll email you about software and how to improve at it. I promise to send you what I wish I had known.
Posts I Like
Where Do I Put My Code in Rails?
Why Do They Say Rails Doesn't Scale?
BigCo New Employee Training: Inside Voice
When Should You Not Use Heroku?
What's Deployment vs Provisioning vs Orchestration?
What is Rack? A Primer